Last August 2012, I had an experience to complete all the necessary requirements and procedures need to be done in POEA before you can be called as OFW. Basically, I want to share with you guys my personal experience during my two-day process for NAME-HIRED section. Just follow it step by step so that no-hassle on your end.
Documents needed in POEA
- Passport with stamped visa from the Embassy of your country destination
- Standard POEA Contract (with employer and employee signature)
- Medical Result (DOH accredited)
- PDOS ( you will get this once you have done document assessment)
Cash to be prepared
- Approximately 6,600Php depending on US dollar conversion
Time to process STEP 1 and STEP 2
- Maximum of two-days
- Can be accomplished in 1 day, just be there as early as 7AM
- Take note that No PDOS schedule on Fridays
Make sure to photocopy all the documents mentioned above. POEA process consists of two steps as indicated below.
- Request a number from the guard on duty in the ground floor. This number is your queue number on Step 1 from Name Hired Section in the second floor. Tell the guard that you will be proceeding to Step 1. Before he/she will give a number, he/she will check if you have your passport with visa stamp.
- Proceed to second floor under Name Hired Section. Wait your number to be called from Step 1 windows.
- While waiting, you can get white folder envelope from the window. Place all the photocopied documents on the left side while original documents on the right.
- Once called, present it to the clerk. He will be checking if you will have all the necessary documents. If okay, he will be giving you OFW membership form together with Pag-Ibig form. Fill up these two forms.
- Once done, go back to the clerk where you passed your documents. After verification, he will advise you to go to Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) section to get a schedule. Basically, for Asian countries, the schedule is 1PM to 3PM. DON’T BE LATE. If you didn’t reach the 1PM start time, you will be advised to get the next PDOS schedule on the following day.
- After PDOS session, they will release your PDOS certificate. Make sure to photocopy this before proceeding to Step 2.
- Get again a number from guard on duty on the ground floor. Tell him/her that you will be proceeding to Step 2.
- Go to Step 2 window at Name Hired Section and present again the documents, this time, it’s together with your PDOS certificate. They will get the photocopied documents and the original will remain yours.
- Pay the following at the Cashier window.
- Processing Fee – 100 USD
- OWWA Membership- 25 USD
- PhilHealth-Medicare – 1200 Pesos
- Pag-ibig Membership – 100 Pesos
- Once paid, proceed to Pag-ibig window just beside of the cashier. The clerk assigned will update your Pag-Ibig membership as OFW and finally…
- He will release you now your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). This comes with 3 copies.
- Ready to fly.